Last updated on January 18th, 2023 at 08:44 pm
This is my comprehensive and cohesive combination of a “resume and Curriculum Vitae” that allows me to showcase my education, skills, experience, and other strengths without being restricted to a specific job. It also offers me the advantage of having more space to list my qualifications compared to a traditional resume.
If you’d like to discuss potential opportunities, projects, or anything else, don’t hesitate to reach out. Let’s make it happen!
Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Learning and Technology
Western Governors University
Capstone: “Communicating Success: The Effect of Prompt Feedback on Adult Learner Success in an Asynchronous, Online Resume Optimization Course“
Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Business - Human Resource Management
Western Governors University
Certificate of Arts and Sciences
Cleveland State Community College
Certificate of Practical Nursing
Tennessee College of Applied Technology – Athens
Technical Instructional Designer
- Collaborate with stakeholders and SMEs to analyze and address customer training needs, resulting in behavior change and improved performance.
- Design inclusive and accessible learning content adhering to branding and standards
- Utilize e-learning technology to develop interactive and asynchronous courses, VILT, workshops, videos, and labs
- Implement assessment and feedback mechanisms to validate customer learning, engagement, and performance
- Manage projects and deliverables to meet deadlines, effectively communicate changes as needed
- Maintain technical systems and environments for customer portal development and hands-on labs
- Mentor others on best practices for adult learning, instructional design, accessibility and customer education solutions
- Co-lead of Pridetheon and active member of DEIA Task Force.
2022 – 2023
Community and Social Media Manager
- Led general discussions and promoted idea sharing among community and academy members, regularly posting on topics related to eLearning, instructional design, portfolios, and other current trends in eLearning design
- Facilitated recurring features and special event engagement by sharing posts, encouraging participation, and providing feedback
- Collaboratively planned and facilitated monthly Community Office Hours, including determining topics, promoting attendance, and facilitating and encouraging discussion during the session
- Curated and posted industry-related job openings to the community’s Job Board space
- Provided general consultation and ideation on ways to improve the community, including ideas for events, blog topics, and other member engagement opportunities
- Tracked and analyzed social media metrics to improve growth and engagement
- Successfully doubled community membership through active engagement and promotion efforts
- Developed effective training programs utilizing instructional design expertise, resulting in improved employee engagement, development, and business outcomes
- Translated strategic goals into appropriate development programs while managing changing business priorities
- Designed and implemented new Saks myTrailhead learning modules adhering to adult learning principles and instructional design methodology, resulting in a marked increase in training completion rates
- Curriculum development, including research, appropriate learning methodology, creation of classroom and e-learning training materials, job aids, and presentation materials.
- Partnered with Subject Matter Experts and Technical Writer to develop interactive online system demonstrations
- Leveraged feedback to improve training programs and processes, resulting in increased employee satisfaction with training
- Observed and evaluated training programs, individual trainers, and team leaders to drive improvement and efficiency
- Supported current Knowledge Management Base and audited training programs to identify critical training gaps and improvement opportunities
- Maintained and monitored training programs, as well as procedural and policy documentation
- Developed, implemented, and sustained custom world-class training programs and process documentation
- Led, directed, coached, and mentored others on how to design and deliver effective learning solutions that maximize employee engagement, development, and business outcomes
2021 – 2022
Learning Experience Designer and Web Developer, Bela Gaytan
- Develop learning content for organizations and nonprofits, to include virtual, instructor-led, classroom, and self-directed modalities.
- Design and develop WordPress websites for individuals, businesses, and nonprofit organizations.
- Maintain websites for clients, to include updates, security measures, new content, and redesigns.
2021 – 2023
Project Lead, Receivia
- Successfully leading a diverse team of 46 employees 100% remotely.
- Onboarding and training of 100% of all NC new billing employees.
- Providing team coaching and individual feedback.
- Developed work instructions and other training materials as required.
- Led training presentations based on training and development needs.
2017 – 2021
Medical Biller, Receivia
- Billed medical insurance claims, maintaining 98%+ accuracy.
- Ensured the security and compliance of all sensitive patient data.
- Assisted with training new billers and bi-monthly quality auditing.
2008 – 2017
Human Resources Liaison, Honeywell
- Handled 25% of administrative functions for the HR department.
- Reviewed job applications to identify, vet, and recommend candidates.
- Improved office efficiency by digitizing 60% of employee grievances.
2002 – 2004
Technical and Professional Skills
- ADDIE and agile methodologies
- Articulate Storyline 360
- HTML and CSS
- Tutor LMS
- Management and leadership
- Interpersonal communication
- Microsoft Office
- Google Workspace
- SnagIt and Camtasia
- Salesforce myTrailhead LXP
- Project management
- Training Facilitation
- Graphic design
- Rise 360
- Research design and proposals
- Audio narration and voiceover
- Conflict resolution
- Google Classroom
- Canvas LMS
- Adobe Creative Cloud apps
- Quality Matters (QM)
Professional Development and Certifications
Honors and Awards
- Foundations of Instructional Design
- Instructional Design Analysis
- Instructional Design Production
- Issues in Instructional Design
- MED, Learning and Technology Capstone
- Research Design
- Research Foundations
- Research Proposals
- Research Questions and Literature
- Technology Design Portfolio
- Technology Production
- Coaching Skills for Managers and Leaders
- Creating a Culture of Change
- Engaging and Teaching Parents About Technology
- How to Teach Online: Providing Continuity for Students
- Instructional Design for Distance Learning
- Leading for Equity: Courage to Lead with an Equity Agenda
- Leading for Equity: The Hidden Bias of Good People
- Making SEL Accessible for Students with Learning Differences
- Mentoring Others
- Schools Need a Success Coach for Every Learner
- Teaching Disinformation in 2020: CIA Tips for Students and Educators
- Universal Design for Learning (UDL) in Distance Learning: Meeting Each Learner’s Variability
- Using the Science of Learning to Elevate How We Teach and How Students Learn
- What We Can Learn from Children About Mindfulness to Transform Our Learning Environments
- Business Communication
- Business Ethics
- Business Law
- Business – HR Management Capstone Project
- Business – HR Management Portfolio
- Cases in Advanced Human Resource Management
- Change Management
- Compensation and Benefits
- Critical Thinking and Logic
- Global Business
- Education without Boundaries
- Elements of Effective Communication
- Employment Law
- English Composition I & II
- Information Systems Management
- Introduction to Human Resources Management
- Introduction to Probability and Statistics
- Managerial Accounting
- Marketing Fundamentals
- Organizational Behavior
- Principles of Finance
- Principles of Management
- Project Management
- Quantitative Analysis for Business
- Training and Development
- Workforce Planning: Recruitment and Selection