Curriculum Vitae + Resume
Image description: An all-in-one computer sits on a wooden desk. On the screen is Bela’s CV/resume. There is also a coffee cup and a plant on each side of the monitor.
As someone with a background in human resources, I know the importance of tailoring your resume or CV to the job you’re applying for. Now that I have that disclaimer out of the way, allow me to briefly explain why I have a non-targeted resume + CV here on my website! This is my version of a comprehensive and synergized “resume + CV”. It benefits me by providing the opportunity to list all my education, skills, experience, and other strengths, while not being restricted to a specific position or most of all – space.
If you’d like to discuss potential opportunities, projects, or anything else, don’t hesitate to reach out. Let’s make it happen!
Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Learning and Technology
Western Governors University
Capstone title: “Communicating Success: The Effect of Prompt Feedback on Adult Learner Success in an Asynchronous, Online Resume Optimization Course“
Capstone Advisor: Tammy Hall, Ed.D.
Learning Specialist, Saks
- Develop effective training utilizing instructional design expertise, including data analysis, adult learning, curriculum development, technology-enabled/enhanced learning, and blended learning strategies.
- Translate strategic goals into appropriate development programs while meeting and managing changing business priorities
- Design and implement new Saks myTrailhead learning modules adhering to adult learning principles and instructional design methodology.
- Curriculum development, including research, appropriate learning methodology, creation of classroom and e-learning training materials, job aids, and presentation materials.
- Partner with Subject Matter Experts, Learning Manager, and Technical Writer to develop interactive online system demonstrations.
- Leverage feedback and continuously strive for improved training programs and processes.
- Observe and evaluate training programs, individual trainers, and team leaders to drive improvement and efficiency.
- Support current Knowledge Management Base and audit training programs to identify critical training gaps and improvement opportunities.
- Maintain and monitor training programs, as well as procedural and policy documentation.
- Develop, implement, and sustain custom world-class training programs and process documentation.
- Effectively lead, direct, coach, and mentor others on how to design and deliver effective learning solutions that maximize employee engagement, development, and business outcomes.
November 2021 – present
Learning Experience Designer and Web Developer, Bela Gaytan
- Develop learning content for organizations and nonprofits, to include virtual, instructor-led, classroom, and self-directed modalities.
- Design and develop WordPress websites for individuals, businesses, and nonprofit organizations.
- Maintain websites for clients, to include updates, security measures, new content, and redesigns.
July 2021 – present
Project Lead, Receivia
- Successfully leading a diverse team of 46 employees 100% remotely.
- Onboarding and training of 100% of all NC new billing employees.
- Providing team coaching and individual feedback.
- Developed work instructions and other training materials as required.
- Led training presentations based on training and development needs.
January 2017 – October 2021
Medical Biller, Receivia
- Billed medical insurance claims, maintaining 98%+ accuracy.
- Ensured the security and compliance of all sensitive patient data.
- Assisted with training new billers and bi-monthly quality auditing.
October 2008 – January 2017
Human Resources Liaison, Honeywell
- Handled 25% of administrative functions for the HR department.
- Reviewed job applications to identify, vet, and recommend candidates.
- Improved office efficiency by digitizing 60% of employee grievances.
February 2002 – May 2004
TECHNICAL AND PROFESSIONAL SKILLS
- ADDIE and agile methodologies
- Articulate Storyline 360
- HTML and CSS
- Tutor LMS
- Management and leadership
- Interpersonal communication
- Microsoft Office
- Google Workspace
- SnagIt and Camtasia
- Salesforce myTrailhead LXP
- Project management
- Training Facilitation
- Graphic design
- Rise 360
- Research design and proposals
- Audio narration and voiceover
- Conflict resolution
- Google Classroom
- Canvas LMS
- Adobe Creative Cloud apps
- Quality Matters (QM)
CERTIFICATIONS & SPECIALIZATIONS
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Foundations of Instructional Design
- Instructional Design Analysis
- Instructional Design Production
- Issues in Instructional Design
- MED, Learning and Technology Capstone
- Research Design
- Research Foundations
- Research Proposals
- Research Questions and Literature
- Technology Design Portfolio
- Technology Production
- Coaching Skills for Managers and Leaders
- Creating a Culture of Change
- Engaging and Teaching Parents About Technology
- How to Teach Online: Providing Continuity for Students
- Instructional Design for Distance Learning
- Leading for Equity: Courage to Lead with an Equity Agenda
- Leading for Equity: The Hidden Bias of Good People
- Making SEL Accessible for Students with Learning Differences
- Mentoring Others
- Schools Need a Success Coach for Every Learner
- Teaching Disinformation in 2020: CIA Tips for Students and Educators
- Universal Design for Learning (UDL) in Distance Learning: Meeting Each Learner’s Variability
- Using the Science of Learning to Elevate How We Teach and How Students Learn
- What We Can Learn from Children About Mindfulness to Transform Our Learning Environments
- Business Communication
- Business Ethics
- Business Law
- Business – HR Management Capstone Project
- Business – HR Management Portfolio
- Cases in Advanced Human Resource Management
- Change Management
- Compensation and Benefits
- Critical Thinking and Logic
- Global Business
- Education without Boundaries
- Elements of Effective Communication
- Employment Law
- English Composition I & II
- Information Systems Management
- Introduction to Human Resources Management
- Introduction to Probability and Statistics
- Managerial Accounting
- Marketing Fundamentals
- Organizational Behavior
- Principles of Finance
- Principles of Management
- Project Management
- Quantitative Analysis for Business
- Training and Development
- Workforce Planning: Recruitment and Selection